B&M Bargains, Holyhead
Holyhead, LL65 2TJ
- Freehold Blue Chip Retail Investment.
- property presents extremely well and was constructed in 2006. It extends to c.2.4 acres (0.971 hectares) providing a very low site coverage of 25%. The property has a total rentalised ground floor area of 26,087 sq ft.
- The property is of a modern steel portal frame construction with brickwork cladding at the lower level and a mixture of brick, profiled steel and timber cladding above. The unit has a front to back roof pitch with very good heights of 6.25 metres under eaves and 8.25 metre central pitch.
- There are a total of 127 customer parking spaces (of which, 8 disabled spaces, 4 parent and child spaces and 1 trolley bay) equating to an excellent car parking ratio of 1:205 sq ft.
- Holyhead is the main town in Anglesey and draws from a wide catchment of high home ownership (36.2%).
- The property occupies a prominent position in a purpose built retail warehouse formerly occupied by Homebase fronting the A5 London Road and roundabout junction with the A5153. The A55 North Wales Expressway is 500 metres southwest, connecting the town centre with the major centres in North West England. It is the single access road to the ferry terminal which is located 0.6 miles northwest.
- Total of 26,087 sq ft and 127 customer parking spaces, providing an attractive ratio of 1:205 sq ft.
- The property is situated to the southeast of the town centre and within the town’s main out-of-town retailing destination. The area provides a mix of national multiple retail tenants including Home Bargains, Argos, Wilko, Farmfoods, Peacocks, New Look, Pets at Home, Poundland, Cancer Research UK, McDonalds and KFC. Food stores Tesco Extra, Morrisons and Asda are also situated within 800 metres of the subject property.
- The property is let for a term of 20 years effective from 19 February 2007 and expiring 18 February 2027.
- B&M took assignment from Homebase in 2014 and the current rent passing is £351,000 per annum equating to £13.45 per sq ft.
- There is no tenant break option and there is over 8.5 years to lease expiry.
- The car park is demised to B&M, who are responsible for management and upkeep. There is no service charge.