McColl’s, Bebington, Liverpool
3 & 5 Town Lane, Bebington, Liverpool, Wirral, CH63 5JB
- Freehold Blue-Chip Supermarket & Residential Investment.
- The property is arranged on Ground Floor and one Upper Floor to provide a ground floor Shop with area of 1,496 sq.ft and self-contained flat.
- Bebington is a Merseyside town located 3 miles south of Birkenhead, 5 miles south of Liverpool and 13 miles north of Chester.
- It is well located on the A41 and has access to the M53 Motorway via both junctions 3 and 4.
- The property is situated on the southern side of Town Lane, close to its junction with Old chester Road (B5149), in a predominantly residential area.
- Bebington Station is within 0.5 miles to the south of the property.
- Occupiers close by include a number of local traders including a cafe and hairdressers.
- The entire property is let to Martin McColl Ltd for a term of 20 years from 27th February 2011 (No breaks)
- Current rent of £29,810 p.a
- The lease provides for fixed rental increases every 5th year of the term at 2% p.a compounded, to £32,913 p.a in 2021 and £36,338 p.a in 2026.
- McColl’s trade from over 1,300 stores throughout the UK with approximately three quarters of those being convenience stores and the remainder trading as newsagents. For the year ending 30th November 2014 reported a turnover of £462.850m, a pre tax profit of £27.947m and shareholder’s funds of £117.307m. The combined group has a turnover in excess of £1bn. It employs nearly 20,000 full and part-tine staff and is visited by over 4.5m customers every week. The company floated on the London Stock Exchange in 2014.