McColl’s with Petrol Station, Pontefract
Ferrybridge Road, Pontefract, West Yorkshire WF8 2PG
- Freehold, blue-chip convenience store with petrol filling station investment
- The premises comprise a detached two storey brick building under a flat roof
- The ground floor is a 2,000 sq.ft. convenience store in addition there are two petrol filling pumps on the forecourt.
- The store and forecourt have recently been extensively refurbished by McColl’s to their standard format.
- Located in a predominantly residential area about 1 mile north-east of Pontefract town centre and opposite the Tangerine Confectionary manufacturing site (founded in 1884 and the original home of liquorice sweets)
- On Ferry Bridge road, a busy road which is near to both the A1 and M62 motorways, and leads to Ferry Bridge power plant.
- Pontefract has a population in excess of 28,500 and is some 12 miles south east of Leeds, 10 miles east of Wakefield, 21 miles south west of York.
- The entire property is let to Martin McColl Limited for a term of 20 years from 8th February 2010 at a current rent of £33,122 p.a. FR&I
- 5 yearly rent reviews with fixed uplifts at 2% per annum compounded
- McColl’s trade from over 1,300 stores throughout the UK with approximately three quarters of those being convenience stores and the remainder trading as newsagents. For the year ending 30th November 2014 reported a turnover of £462.850m, a pre tax profit of £27.947m and shareholder’s funds of £117.307m. The combined group has a turnover in excess of £1bn. It employs nearly 20,000 full and part-tine staff and is visited by over 4.5m customers every week. The company floated on the London Stock Exchange in 2014.