Vacant Building with Planning for 42 Flats & 2 Commercial Units, Leicester
10 St James Street and 64/66 Humberstone Gate, Leicester, LE1 3PJ
- Freehold former nightclub and gym with planning to be redeveloped into a 42 flat development with 2 retail units
- The approved scheme will comprise 42 studio, one and two bedroom apartments together with two ground floor retail units.
- The building’s historic facade will be retained, and a six-storey building erected featuring red brickwork in Flemish bond, stone textured render details and Juliette balconies with frameless glass balustrades, to complement the local vernacular and honour the 1920’s heritage.
- The property is currently arranged on ground and two upper floors to provide a bar and nightclub with a manager’s office on the first floor and a self-contained former gym on part ground, first and second floors, which is currently arranged as a modern conference and banqueting hall
- The nightclub comprises 11,420 sq. ft. and the gym, comprises 13,807 sq. ft.
- There is parking for ca. 10 cars on site
- Leicester is one of the East Midlands’ major commercial centres, located adjacent to the M1 and M69 Motorways.
- The city has a population of some 318,000 and has regular rail services to London and the north.
- The property is situated on a corner position with an extensive frontage on to Humberstone Gate which runs from the ring road to the heart of Leicester city centre.
- Humberstone Gate forms part of the town’s principal shopping centre area, and the property is within walking distance of Leicester Town Hall and Highcross Shopping Centre.
- Occupiers close by include Sainsbury’s (adjacent), Subway, Primark and New Look.
- Lee Circle car park which can accommodate over 1,000 cars is located towards the rear of the property
- There is potential to amend the planning for this site into student accommodation
- Offers are sought for this property on an unconditional basis