Co-op Food, Bournemouth
14 Queens Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6BE
- Freehold convenience store investment
- The property comprises a substantial two-storey brick built structure with a third storey formed within principally pitches of slated roof, with a large basement below it, and a more recent western extension.
- It was built originally in around 1909 as a railway hotel and the building has architectural details such as Elizabethan style bays and rounded curved glazing.
- The single-storey section is open plan and used for retail whilst most of the ground floor of three-storey portion has been adapted to form various stockrooms, chiller rooms areas and WCs. It also benefits from a shallow forecourt used for displaying goods and customer car parking.
- The remainder of the property has been sold off on a long lease.
- Bournemouth forms
part of a large conurbation in south-east Dorset which has a combined population including principally Poole and
Christchurch (together with other towns
and villages, spreading into south-west Hampshire) with a population of around ½ million.
- This is considerably swelled during summer months with
holiday makers and visitors
- The property is situated off Queens Road, a busy cross town
- Along Queens Road itself, there are, in some substantial terraces several shops
on either side of the road including restaurants, a hairdresser
and an independent convenience store.
- There is some on-street parking facility, though none immediately outside of
the subject property.
- There is a large public car park opposite principally intended
for the long-term parking of