Offices with Development Potential (former Barclays), Walkden, Manchester
1-3 Bolton Road / 6-10 High Street, Walkden, Manchester, M28 3AX
- Freehold, blue-chip bank investment with vacant offices upstairs & development potential.
- The property is arranged over three floors, comprising a ground floor banking hall with basement storage and part first floor staff and ancillary accommodation and a self-contained part first and second floor office with separate access from the front.
- The property benefits from corner frontage on both the High Street and Bolton Road.
- The City of Manchester, with a catchment population of 2.5 million, is the regional capital of the North-West.
- Walkden is a busy suburb some 5 miles north-west of the city centre.
- The M60 Manchester orbital motorway and M61 are close by, and Manchester international airport is within 12 miles
- The property is situated on a prominent corner position close to the Walkden Town Centre Shopping Centre, a regenerated retail & leisure destination with 2,000 free car parking spaces, a Tesco Extra, Costa Coffee, JD Sports, Greggs, Subway, McDonalds, KFC, and Boots. Banks such as Halifax and Lloyds TSB are represented in the centre and are soon to be joined by Santander.
- Other nearby occupiers include JD Wetherspoons, RBS, Co-op Travel and The GL Medical Centre
- Barclays are no longer in occupation
- There may be potential to convert the offices into residential accommodation subject to obtaining the relevant planning consents.
- There is also potential to negotiate a settlement with Barclays to surrender their lease