The Crown Public House (Enterprise Inns), Battersea, Greater London
The Crown, 102 Lavender Hill, London, SW11 5RD
- Freehold blue-chip public house and residential investment in Central London
- The public house is arranged on the ground floor and basement with residential accommodation arranged on the first floor and and second floors.
- The property is a substantial detached three storey (plus basement) Victorian pub building with brick elevations save for the ground floor which has a classic pub frontage and return with feature windows and painted stucco work. The windows on the upper floors have stone surrounds. There are various roof with flat roofs over rear two storey (stairwell) and single storey (restaurant area) additions.
- There is a trade forecourt partially screened from the public footpath.
- Internally, the main trading area is open plan with central servery.
- Stairs to the rear lead down to the basement and up to the upper floors where there are 7 dormitories (2 on the first floor and 5 on the second floor) providing 60 plus beds providing hostel accommodation with ancillary shower and toilet facilities on the first floor. This has been created from rooms that already existed with walls not having to be changed to create the dormitories.
- In addition to the ground and two upper floors there is a substantial basement which is the almost the same size as the ground floor.
- The property benefits from some patio seating to the front and a rear yard with parking for about two cars.
- The property is located in a prominent corner position on Lavender Hill, in the heart of one of Battersea’s busiest road.
- The property is situated in Lavender Hill, Battersea about midway between the junction with Latchmere Road and Queenstown Road. It is on the junction with Tipthorne Road which is a dead end but this provides vehicular access to the side/rear.
- This are of Battersea has a mixed demographic with relatively affluent housing on the northern side of Lavender Hill but social housing (but many now owned privately) to the South (to the rear of the Crown).
- Lavender Hill is located within Battersea. It enjoys excellent transport links, with the nearby A3 and A205 giving access to the South and West London retrospectively, as well as the M25, M3 and M4. Whilst also being served by numerous bus routes and Clapham Junction and Wandsworth Common Mainline Rail Stations.
- The property enjoys a prominent corner position in the densely populated district of Battersea on the south side of Lavender Hill, which acts as the main thoroughfare through Battersea and leads north-east towards Vauxhall.
- Clapham Junction Rail Station is within 0.5 miles west of the property.